We are a Masonic Lodge with a rich long history. Our Lodge petitioned for a charter in 1821 and was origanlly know as the Friendship Lodge of Scottsville, New York. June 9th 1875 a new charter was granted to the Oatka Lodge #759. "Oatka is a Native American Word meaning "clearing of the Trees". In 1929 the Scottsville High School moved into a new building and the Lodge purchased the old one on Browns Avenue in Scottsville. The cost of the building was $2,000. With the move and occupation of the new Masonic Temple in Rochester Oatka Lodge secured many of the original furnishings from the old Temple building downtown. The total cost of the furnishings was approximately $8,000. Today our Lodge has a great brotherhood rich in history and friendship.
Our Lodge has uniquely beautiful furnishings of solid mahogany, hand-carved by the Herter Brothers.